How do I submit PDG to regular render farm?

776   0   2
1 posts
Hi there, I'm a one+ year junior level FX artist in small Asian Country.
Currently we are using 'Muster 8' as a renderfarm (I don't know it's being used somewhere else..).

Basically, we put anything like ROP geometry output, Mantra ROP, Arnold ROP(which has frame and output path and execute button etc.) in the list, and once they're sent to the renderfarm, it cooks the result, and when the job is complete, it closes session.

And now with ROP geometry slowly but surely moving out of the picture, I wanted to make my own PDG workflow, and send it to the renderfarm, so that I could have as many wedges as possible and output the preview as mp4 or image sequence.

But the problem is, out renderfarm only recognizes output node that has 'execute' parameter on it.
We're very small company, we don't have FX TDs or any other pipeline TDs and people who built the in-house job submitting tool are all gone. So fixing the pipeline tool isn't an option as I'm just an artist myself..

So what I was hoping to do is, build all the PDG workflows, submit the ROP geometry as usual, and in the pre or post render script, just using python code to cook the output node in PDG.

But with the PDG process being done 'in the background', my renderfarm doesn't know how to wait for the PDG cooking to be finished. It just outputs whatever ROP Geometry has to output and closes.

So my grand question is.. Is there anyway for a regular renderfarm(other than deadline, HQueue which already have a pre-built scheduler) to submit the entire PDG graph as a one job or possibly making in run 'in the foreground'?

Thank you for reading up to this point, really appreciate you taking the time.
Please, I'm real desperate for some productivity.
  • Quick Links