What is the most bullet proofed Debian version atm ?

1432   7   1
35 posts
I am running Pop 22.04 but it is giving issues with 3delight and deadline together. PLUS the HQueue fails to install properly (Client).
I am wondering of anyone is super happy with a specific version ?

Thank you
13 posts
Debian testing has worked ok-ish for me, but the best experience ive has is with OpenSuse Leap/Tumbleweed and the nvidia drivers direct from nvidia (https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed [download.nvidia.com] and https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/15.5). However the issue's ive faced is around the nvidia drivers/cuda/opencl etc rather than 3delight and deadline specifically.
35 posts
I see, thank you, I tried in the past, like a couple years ago and I got too many issues with it, even though very nice distro.
27 posts
Pop works great for me. But also Debian12 on the other machine.
35 posts
which pop! version ?

Thank you
311 posts
Hi, although I’m happy with Debian 11 I really think that to be able to answer such a question properly it all boils down to your list of requirements.

The absense of issues, or practically unsolvable trouble, rather that some euphoria sensation is probably a good choice.

In this regard I’d just say a healthy distro stays silent.

I just abstain from all kind of religious wars about software.

Whatever you find that is like that is good enough.

Cheers!
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
35 posts
Hey SWest, thanks.
I am a RPM type of guy but with the downhill direction RedHat is giving to the free version, I decided to deep in .deb side.
I am a long time linux user, just wanted to check if there is a specific version which gives satisfaction around our ecosystem.
27 posts
tanguybc
which pop! version ?

Thank you
tanguybc
which pop! version ?

Thank you
Latest. Nvidia.
  • Quick Links