When importing Unreal Engine splines..

786   4   1
29 posts
Houdini splines were inconvenient to edit in Unreal, so I opted to use Unreal's splines, selecting and using them as inputs through the World Outliner.

When importing Unreal Engine splines as a line type, points are generated in the middle.
Additionally, corners are not formed correctly, and deformed points are created.
Applying facet does not create clean rectangles.
Why do these points appear, and is there a way to remove them?
Is there a method to only retrieve the points of Unreal Engine splines?

Edited by gallerykim - Nov. 15, 2023 10:59:29

Attachments:
화면 캡처 2023-11-16 002644.png (674.9 KB)
화면 캡처 2023-11-16 003352.png (673.6 KB)

4 posts
facet with "remove inline points" ticked should work. Then fuse (you will need some tolerance added) and polypath afterwards to close and clean up the spline
Edited by m_davis1 - Nov. 16, 2023 10:38:41
29 posts
m_davis1
facet with "remove inline points" ticked should work. Then fuse (you will need some tolerance added) and polypath afterwards to close and clean up the spline

why don't I initially get just 4 points... If I fuse them, it slightly deviates from the desired rectangle
4 posts
According to the plug-in settings page, if you set the unreal spline resolution to 0 in the plug-in settings, it only sends the control points? Maybe that will work?
29 posts
m_davis1
According to the plug-in settings page, if you set the unreal spline resolution to 0 in the plug-in settings, it only sends the control points? Maybe that will work?

Thank you for your response. The resolution value seems meaningless. Instead, the "use legacy input curves" option seems to be working that way.
  • Quick Links