Problem with texture display in Houdini 20.0.547

482   1   1
2 posts
I am experiencing a problem with SideFX Houdini 20.0.547 and I would like to ask for some help from the forum. Here is a summary of the issue:

Bug report precondition
- Updated the graphic driver to the latest Studio driver from Nvidia
- Reinstalled Houdini 20.0.547
- Reset Houdini USER PREF directory

Step to reproduce
- Prepare a texture (image.png)
- Create a principled shader
- Apply image.png from Textures>Base Color>Use Texture
- Create a box and assigned the material

result1
> The texture is displayed

- Change the texture name to image_2.png
- Render>Update Textures

result2
> The texture is no longer displayed

- Change the texture name back to image.png
- Render>Update Textures

result3
> The texture is still not displayed I could not find a way to restore the display without restarting Houdini

- Replace the texture of the principled shader with any another texture

result4
> The texture is displayed

I contacted SideFX about this problem, but they said none of their machines could reproduce the issue. However, the same thing happens on my colleague’s Houdini. If anyone else can reproduce this issue, could you please help me solve it? Thank you very much.

Attachments:
bandicam 2023-12-21 15-18-03-402 - Trim.mp4 (2.6 MB)

102 posts
I confirm, I also see this bug. After changing (in Windows Manager) the texture name entered into the material and clicking on “update textures”, the texture is not shown. Reverting the name doesn't help. It’s the same for the “material” node and for the material for the entire object.
What's funny is that if you select another file, the new texture is shown in the viewport, but selecting the old texture does not help. By the way, the texture is displayed in the render itself, it is not visible only in the viewport.
Unfortunately, sidefx refuses to acknowledge and fix many bugs with such a reply that they cannot repeat them. Everyone can repeat it, but sidefx can’t, hahahaha. Apparently they consider this unimportant. Well, he's really inconsequential. Why would you change the file name in the middle of work?
  • Quick Links