HDK 725/727 for WinXP - bug?

3872   2   0
398 posts
I've tried to compile Star SOP (and other much simpler operators too) and got this error:

c:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 9.0.727\toolkit\include\SYS\fpreal16.h(93) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘iostream.h’: No such file or directory

712 was okay.

Another problem I found… Build 719 for Linux 32 bit. Houdini hide all parameters of HDKed operator. You can see them in the Edit Parameters Interface. But Houdini crashes when you trying to show those parameters. And this problem related not only to HDKed ops but (in some builds) to VEX custom operators.
f = conserve . diffuse . advect . add

fx td @ the mill
30 posts
This just seems to be because they added the htools folder, which you now need to add to your include path. Depending on the platform you are working on, you basically just need to add the following include path to your compiler arguments:
$(HOUDINI_HOME)/toolkit/include/htoolsHope that helps!

–Joel
Joel Van Eenwyk
Programmer and FX Artist
Homepage: VFX Journal [vfxjournal.net]
398 posts
Hi Joel!
Thanks for reply. But I'm not sure should it work or no because CFLAGS have -I blah-blah-path-to-includes… Anyway I can't check this out now because I've installed 730 now and again… Two things:
1. Houdini Console during the installation process told me that
ERROR: Couldn't open resource file “resources” (No such file or directory)
2. hdkinstall… lots of errors like
ERROR: Could not create directory for CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.730//toolkit/include/IFD/IFD_StreamEvent.h
ERROR: Could not create directory for PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.730//toolkit/include/IFD/IFD_Table.h
ERROR: Could not create directory for CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.730//toolkit/include/OBJ/OBJ_Ambient.h
ERROR: Could not create directory for CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.730//toolkit/include/OBJ/OBJ_API.h
ERROR: Could not create directory for CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.730//toolkit/include/OBJ/OBJ_Blend.h
ERROR: Could not create directory for CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.730//toolkit/include/OBJ/OBJ_Bone.h
:?
f = conserve . diffuse . advect . add

fx td @ the mill
  • Quick Links