chop vex

4410   4   1
19 posts
Hi,

How can I get value in chop vop from second input ??
Staff
5161 posts
Use the
float chinput( int input, int track, int/float sample)
vex function. ‘input’ specifies which connected input you're reading from (starting at 0 for input 1), ‘track’ is the index of the channel you're interested in (also starting at 0) and ‘sample’ is the data point you want out of the track, which can be either an integer (nearest sample) or a float (linear interpolation between samples).
19 posts
twod
Use the
float chinput( int input, int track, int/float sample)
vex function. ‘input’ specifies which connected input you're reading from (starting at 0 for input 1), ‘track’ is the index of the channel you're interested in (also starting at 0) and ‘sample’ is the data point you want out of the track, which can be either an integer (nearest sample) or a float (linear interpolation between samples).

Hi,

I have try it.
The problem is that inlinde node don't connect output to V:

chop
vopchop1()
{

// Code produced by: inline1
float out =chinput(0,0,10);

// Code produced by: output1
V = 0.0;
}

When I disconnect my connection between inline out and V and write this code it works perfect!!

chop
vopchop1()
{

// Code produced by: inline1
float out =chinput(0,0,I-1); V=out;
}

Similar problem with connection variable is with RSL inline code.

Thanks!!
Edited by - Sept. 26, 2007 19:19:49
537 posts
yeah, is there any way to do this in VOPs as opposed to VEX?
537 posts
actually just curious but this issue with CHOPs seems to keep nagging me with crowds / audio synthesis etc.

I would like to be able to do a “for loop” which iterates through incomming channels. So, like in the expression CHOP, if it were possible to do

for i to icn(0)
(
returnval = returnval + ic(0,i,$I)
)

I haven't gotten into Python in 9 yet because I'm still finishing up a project in 8 but I was wondering if this sort of thing would be possible in 9 with defining a CHOP operator with a python script? I don't think this is possible with VOPs or expressions.
  • Quick Links