game industry

2934   2   1
313 posts
I am new to the video game industry. But I recently found the Xbox360 and the PS3 games are in very high quality in terms of modelling and texturing and real time rendering. I wonder if sideFx is going to expand Houdini's capacity of its function for game developers!

Also, could anyone recommend any good game magazine to me? SInce I only read 3D world now. Do you have any infomative game magazine's name in mind?

thanks for your attention!
537 posts
I'm guessing there's tons of potential there already. I can see that Houdini would be excellent for replacing cheap custom scripts written into existing game studios pipelines.

Specifically in the areas of random character attribute generation through copy-stamping, enviornment generation through procedural geometry, and also procedural texture baking with animated COP textures and high quality ambient occlusion etc.
313 posts
After doing some research, I finally found a game magazine which has got review on Houdini 9 from a game developer's point of view.

gamedeveloper - the leading game industry magazine nov 2007 Volume 14, Number 10 p.28
product reviews side effects' Houdini 9

thank you for your attention
  • Quick Links