Version Splitting and latest Drop

5507   1   1
4140 posts
Questions for SESI:

I've noticed there appears to be a 6.0.xxx stream and a separate 6.1.xxx stream - is the latter supposed to be considered an eventual “beta” stream while the first will be maintenance releases? I've just seen some nice fixes in there…

Also, any thoughts on when there will be semi-regular drops? I've also wondered if it's possible that there be some sort of flag that could be set(such as “Date of last Drop”) on the web site that allows you to see if it's worth signing in to the download server…

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
Staff
2540 posts
All good points.

H6.1 will eventually go in to beta. If you are familiar with SESI and our release cycles, there are no surprises when H6.1 will most likely start to be made available. :wink:

As for the semi-regular drops, it is usualy predicated on demand for fixes. There are some bugs fixed in the later builds of H6.0 so perhaps very soon.

Notifying “Latest Drop” on the Web Site is a good idea. I guess it could be in the Announcement section of the Side Effects Forum. At least that forum would see a bit of traffic then. I will see what can be done here.
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links