display layers ( = bundle lists ?)

7613   5   1
113 posts
Hi,

I was looking for a display layers kind of functionnality, where I could show or hide in the viewport a bunch of objects grouped by layers, all I could find on the help/forums was this bundle lists thing.

It works but is not very convenient (a pane with the layers list and a little eye icon besides each would be nice).

Thanks
519 posts
What about using groups as “layers” and then use the visibility sop to show or hide them?
113 posts
Sorry, I meant when I'm at the object level, with bones and stuff.
1631 posts
Hi,

The Bundle list should do what you want. You can select a bundle then click on the Eye icon at the top of the pane to toggle the display. You can create a pane to show the Bundle list so it's easier to access.

There are also Groups you can create and control similar to Bundles. I posted some information here [sidefx.com]. The post is more related to Groups in SOPs but the main difference is the Blue buttons toggle the Display Flags.

Hope the above helps!

Cheers!
steven
113 posts
Thanks for the info on the groups! The help is a bit empty about this.
1631 posts
Yes, the H9.x help is lacking in this area, sadly. However, the H8.x docs has more information: http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini8/content/base/org_netgroups.xml [sidefx.com]

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links