H9.5.303/WindozeXP - viewport blanks

3492   4   3
30 posts
So, when I'm adjusting the viewing transform on the main viewport, my geometry disappears. (The grid and Gnomon remains, but the geometry disappears.) If I select another node (not changing which node is displayed - just which is selected), or if I toggle the display of points, or if I change viewing mode (from wireframe to smooth shaded, for example), the geometry shows up again, but only until I adjust the viewport transform again.

I've adjusted the display settings to manually force sensible near/far clipping planes, but it makes no difference. The geometry is large (about 60MB), but I have 3GB of RAM, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm trying to show Houdini off to my employers and coworkers here at Electronic Arts, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't rather not bother. As it is, it will *not* impress people the way I think it should.

Help?

-caleb
My avatar was rendered from PRISMS
1532 posts
Heya Caleb,

What video card are you using? What driver version?

Being that you are in a gaming-centric environment, ATI cards might be quite common, and frankly, from what I hear, their OGL support is nothing to write home about.

I run the XP64 version myself, and rarely experience problems other then the sluggishness associated with windows.

G
30 posts
NVidia 8800 GT Driver: 169.21

Thanks!
1532 posts
169 sounds a little old-ish.

Some people have had better success with the 173 series. I'm running the 178 series quite happily…

You might try those.

G
30 posts
I'll try it. Thanks!
  • Quick Links