Q about NURBS

5002   3   1
109 posts
Hi!

I created a NURBS model, and to my surprise mantra won´t render it: it will render only the skinned part of it. What do i need to do in order to render the entire model?

And a another thing: if i create a simple NURBS circle and try to render it, mantra crashes. Is this a bug or is it only on my PC. Im using Houdini 9.5.360 in WinXP 32

-Kimmo

Attachments:
nurbs_test.hipnc (38.1 KB)

26 posts
As your file produces the following, I would check try reinstalling H. or try a different build.

Nurbs circle renders without issue on my system.

Attachments:
render_issue.jpg (27.4 KB)

109 posts
I changed to Houdini 9.5.368 - no change: render is still the same and mantra crashes when trying to render a nurbs circle
Staff
2593 posts
KiLa
Hi!

I created a NURBS model, and to my surprise mantra won´t render it: it will render only the skinned part of it. What do i need to do in order to render the entire model?

And a another thing: if i create a simple NURBS circle and try to render it, mantra crashes. Is this a bug or is it only on my PC. Im using Houdini 9.5.360 in WinXP 32

-Kimmo

Hi,

It looks like jatero rendered on OS X. I tried on Linux & Windows, and the file seems to render just fine (even when turning on “Keep Primitives” on the skin SOP).

Sorry I couldn't reproduce the issue.

You might try a convert SOP and convert NURBs/Bezier Curves into Trimmed NURBS patches (or polygons) to see if that works around the problem on your machine.

Attachments:
nurbs.png (43.7 KB)

• Quick Links