Illuminance loop loopiness (VOPs)

2332   3   1
27 posts
Hello,

I'm trying to setup an illuminance loop that can handle several lights at a time. Currently I have:

1 key light
4 fill lights
1 rim light

I want to be able to build out additional image planes isolated for each type of light:

key*
fill*
rim*

…Without having to specify individual lights.

Currently, if I put “fillLight_01_MAIN” into the string I am able to isolate that light. But if I put “fill*” I am not able to isolate a group of lights.

Does anyone know if there's a way to call multiple lights in the light mask string?

String qualifier is currently set to “just a string.”

There is an option to use a “list of objects” but I have not been able to get that to work either.

Under help it says “Light Mask – Specifies a string listing names of light objects that can influence the surface. If no input is specified, the light mask specified in the parameters for the object being rendered is used.”

The help description leads me to believe it should be possible to isolate more than one light at a time.

Does anybody have an example file where this kind of thing is setup and working or does anyone have any advice?

*another problem*

Even when i am able to isolate just one light, all objects that are in the scene and NOT affected by the light render constant instead of black. Any idea why this may be?

Thanks in advance for any help
27 posts
I can make an example file if the question is unclear…
5 posts
Sorry, I do not have the answer…
just to say that we are probably many guys to be interested in your problem

So… if somebody could give a hand… that would be very cool !!!
27 posts
Well I'm asking around quite a bit outside the forums and from what I can gather this is not possible in current builds of Houdini.

I'll post this as a suggestion for future releases as it would be a great feature.
  • Quick Links