Value grids

3073   3   1
7 posts
Hello
I am very new user of non-commercial version 6.0.249 Houdini master and have question about how to enable value grids.
They are mentioned in tutorials as MMB click off the model or sometimes MMB on an extrude handle but i cant bring them up. I assume that the divisions in options menu is same thing?
I think i must have some option turned off?
TIA
Saul Greenberg
108 posts
Odd, this should normally work… Be sure to click on the manipulator in the viewport or on a value field in the parameters pane. Sometimes, in the viewport, it might be that the manipulator is out of place (due to viewport redraws?) so homing (on to the selection) might do the trick. If all fails, don't worry because the only thing the ladder does is manipulating the values which you can find in the parameters pane.

By the way, you should try out the latest Houdini 6.1 build! It's more stable, at least for me it is
7 posts
Thanks Calosus
I had my MMB set to double-click, i changed to middle button and now all MMB functions are working correct in Houdini )
I have 6.1 coming on CD.
108 posts
You're welcome! It was no problem at all.

What kind of mouse do you have? Is it an USB mouse? one of those cordless/IR ones? or one of those mouses for use with a tablet?

Oh and, I think you'll like 6.1. Which speaking of, I didn't regret ordering the Houdini Apprentice 5.5 CD-ROM at all… First of all, it was delivered really quickly to the Netherlands for a very good price, it contained lots of very interesting material (aside the program itself) and the layout was very nicely made! I also loved it that SESI included their demoreel on it. So, I'm thinking of ordering another CD, maybe the next release.
  • Quick Links