Curl Noise VOP implementation?

3450   2   1
27 posts
Does anybody have an example that shows how to properly setup the curl noise vop so that it creates the kind of curly “vorticies” it's supposed to once the particles its affecting come into contact with collision geometry?

I want to get it working in pops but I'm having trouble getting it to work with collision geometry. The vop says it needs distance to the collision object as well as the object normals, but I can't figure out how to get that data into the vop without first having to transfer the att's in pops. I'm getting the distance att through a collision pop but I'm not even sure if that's the right way to go about it.

Regardless, my results haven't given me the curly noise I'm looking for so I'm wondering if I'm missing a key component.
27 posts
Here's an example file I setup that illustrates the problem. You'll notice the noise is being affected by the collision object without forming the desired curls. I've tried to make the file as clear and as simple as possible and I'm pretty certain I am going about this the wrong way, so feel free to tear it apart

Any input would be very much appreciated
27 posts
File is attached

Attachments:
curl_noise_example_v0001.hip (70.8 KB)

• Quick Links