Houdini :SOP Points

2520   4   1
7 posts
Hi Everyone,

I have 2 groups of points with 3 similar attributes on them.
I need to inherit all the attributes by match the 3 attribute from one to the other and keep one attribute not overwritten.

I am aware of match by attribute on Point SOP but I am not interested to set all the attributes one by one on the custom tab.Also Can I match by 3 attribute one point SOB?

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Kash
201 posts
Hey Kash,

Are you looking for the AttribTransfer SOP? You can pattern match the point attributes you want to copy.
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
7 posts
Hi Rob,

How u doing Sir.
This is from the Houdini Help :
{
Attribute transfer works by :!: proximity . If transfers attributes from one piece of geometry to the closest points on a different piece of geometry, so you can copy the attributes from one model to another even if they have completely different topologies .
If you want to copy attributes between models with the same :topology, use Attrib Copy instead, because it’s much faster.
}

So you can use Attrib Copy and you can say atrribute name : * so it will copy everything.
BUT : It uses the point number to look up and match and copy the attribute.
If you want to use another attribute to lookup and match the spread sheets you need to use the point SOP and you active the match by attribute.
Then on the custom tab you need to set all the attribute you need as local from input 2 to input one one by one. (Guys please correct me anywhere I am wrong.)
So back to the original question :
I want to match 3 attribute at the same time and copy the rest of them from one point SOP to another and keep one of the attributes not overwritten any suggestion ?

Hope this time is more clear. As I mention please correct me if I am wrong.
Thank for all the inputs.

Regards,

Kash
1631 posts
In the AttribCopy SOP, you can do * ^attrib_you_do_not_want, for example, * ^Cd, which will copy all attributes except Cd.

Cheers!
steven
7 posts
Hey Steven thank you very much this is one step forward.
OK now Attribute Transfer is using POINT NUMBER to match the 2 Point grroups.
Now I want to match them by 3 other attributes and they scalar values so :
I used Point SOP and match by :
MYATTR1 MYATTR2 MYATTR3
Point SOB didnt Like it on the same node.
I still can match by MYATTR1
and then in custom attribute tab you say :
attibue name : * it does not work.

SO I added the attributes one by one and said :
attibue name : MYATTR1
Scaler Value : $MYATTR12 ( 2 is input 2)

It works but when you 30 custom attributes and they could change at anytime you cant manually set all them up.
Any Suggestions ? Am I doing anything wrong ?

Regards,

Kash
  • Quick Links