HQueue installation issues

3246   1   0
3 posts
Apologies for the cross-post from Odforce:

In trying to install HQueue on 3 nodes for a test, I ran into a python issue that looks a lot like this:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com…pic&t=15449 [sidefx.com]

I have succeeded in installing and starting hqueue server on a CentOS 4 32-bit machine with python 2.5 compiled from source.
I have 3 nodes that I'm trying to use as hqclients. All 3 nodes running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 with python 2.5 compiled from source.

Using from the HQueue web interface correctedly installed the ~/hqclient directory on each of the nodes.
However attempts of starting the hqclientd daemon ends up in failure like so:
hquser@hatake:~/hqclient> ./hqclientd start
Starting HQ client processTraceback (most recent call last):
File “./hqnode.py”, line 32, in <module>
h = hashlib.new(“sha”)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.5/hashlib.py”, line 84, in __py_new
return __get_builtin_constructor(name)(string)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.5/hashlib.py”, line 77, in __get_builtin_constructor
raise ValueError, “unsupported hash type”
ValueError: unsupported hash type
ERROR: Could not start HQ client process.
FAILED
Going through the thread, this issue appears to be platform-related.
How would I get around this python error? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
105 posts
Hi,

On your three render nodes running SUSE Enterprise Linux with the custom Python build, can you check if you have the openssl libraries and header files installed?

If not, you should install them and do a full rebuild of your Python 2.5 to have the openssl libraries included into your Python 2.5 runtime. The openssl library will have the sha module that is needed.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
tk
  • Quick Links