Small Problem

3458   5   0
6 posts
I have a grid that I have placed a vex layered texture on with the shader sop and then used the UVtexture sop to get it to point foward. The shader shows up in my modeling view but when I do a test render the shader shows up red. Any thoughts on how I can fix this problem? I already tried recreating the shader and that didn't help.

Thanks.
1631 posts
Hi there,

Is the image you're using on a network? If it's on the local machine, are there spaces in the path? If possible, try not to have spaces in paths, filenames etc.

To test, please copy the image file to, say, ctemp, change the reference in the shader & render. Does it work now?

Cheers!
steven
6 posts
I tried keeping it on the same drive as the file I was working on, and there are no spaces in the file name. I also tried rendering it out as both a targa and a tiff to see if that did anything, but it hasn't.

Thanks for the attempt though. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
1631 posts
Hi there,

Have you tried another shader? Please give the VEX Decal SHOP & see if it works. If it does, then you might have set a parameter wrong in the VEX Layered Surface SHOP. Also, have you gone through the Texturing video tutorials? http://www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/sidefx/houdini_video/by_topic/rendering/index.html [vislab.usyd.edu.au]

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers!
steven
6 posts
Little did I know about how houdini doesn't like when you call folders by certain names, like with ! or other characters. I cut that out of the folder name and it worked.

Thanks for the help though
1631 posts
Hi there,

It's not just Houdini that will have problems with special characters in directory names. Plus it is a good rule of thumb to not have special characters & spaces in directory & file names especially when you're dealing with different OS-es.

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links