Shadow Intensity Parameter

2887   3   2
48 posts
In H8 there was a surface shader parameter called “shadow” that allowed one to set the intensity of the shadow when lit by a filter shadow shader on a light.

In H10 I can't find a surface shader parameter that does the same thing. It must be there somewhere … does anyone know what it is?

Thanks,
Robert
Adtech Communications Group
38 posts
Did you already have a look into the gear menu of the
shader's parameter pane -> ‘edit rendering parameters’
if you can find it there somewhere?

Cheers
48 posts
Right! I've been looking there. There's nothing already in any of the shaders I've looked at, so I'm wanting to Create a parameter. I'd expect to find it in the Mantra 10.0 folder/Shading …. but no dice.

The idea is to put the shader into a material, and use a property node to add the parameter I'm looking for.

Robert
48 posts
As it turns out the old “shadow” parameter does work … as I found it working in an older Surface VOP network.

So the current challenge is to take the standard Vex Layered Surface that comes with SIdeFx and add the shadow parameter. It would seem simple, but it's not working.

I created a material, went inside, added the Vex layered Surface and connected to the output. Then I added a property node, created the shadow parameter and connected to the output. Does not work.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Robert
  • Quick Links