"Flatten" particle sim

2809   2   1
166 posts
I'd like to “flatten” my particle simulation in the Y axis. (Or actually I want the particles Y position to be set by a deformed grid for example).

I suppose this could be done with a Creep POP, however I'm having trouble getting Creep POP to integrate with both the Source POP (since I want the particles to be emitted from all over the surface) and the Follow POP which I also need.

I suppose the easiest way would be to just add a Position POP in the end of my network with a scripted Y value. However I not sure how to use my particles X/Z position, and translating them to the corresponding Y position on my deformed grid.

Anyone got any ideas?
639 posts
HI. You can try using Ray SOP to project the particles onto a deform grid, and thus flattening your particle on a single axis.
166 posts
Hi, that worked great. However I realized that I have to have the simulation flattened in POP's since the Interact POP's result won't be correct else.

A Position POP would work just perfect if I could just figure out how to set the Y position per particle based on the height of the grid at that given X/Z coordinate.
  • Quick Links