monitor comp

14451   9   2
38 posts
I composited a scene I rendered out in Houdini in to a photo I took of my television. Let me know what you think!

Attachments:
television_resize.jpg (72.4 KB)
microworld_comp.jpg (43.0 KB)
micro_final_comp.jpg (75.3 KB)

856 posts
Cool. Add some blur and grain. Maybe tint the darkest parts as well as your picture above has some blues in it. Is it stretched?
--
Jobless
38 posts
Are you asking if the rendered image is stretched? Not sure. The corner pin may be distorting it somewhat. I should check that with a checkerboard texture.
38 posts
I double checked the comp, and the rendered image is not distorted. I removed some of the blue and added a touch of grain.

Attachments:
micro_final_comp.jpg (75.9 KB)

110 posts
cspears2002
I double checked the comp, and the rendered image is not distorted. I removed some of the blue and added a touch of grain.

Looks good so far, though you're stretching the image, the aspect ratio is off for it, might want to adjust it by either rendering the image at the same aspect ratio or center it up so it's in the same aspect.

As for the comp, it's good so far, though I'd add just a taad of blur to the image, and a bit of glow to it.
38 posts
I rendered the image with a 16:9 aspect ration. Since I am using Apprentice, I am limited to 720x576. The resulting image looks squished. Should I stretch out the image before compositing? I tried doubling 720 to 1440, but the resulting image looked stretched.

Attachments:
microworld_comp_anamorphic.jpg (56.5 KB)

696 posts
try 720x405 if you can
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
606 posts
I'd go with 1024x576

eetu.
696 posts
eetu
I'd go with 1024x576

eetu.

Sure, but wouldn't he have to buy HD? (which might be nice anyways since it will get rid of the watermark) In which case I'd say 1280x720 or 1920x1080
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
38 posts
Ok I renderd out my element at 720x405 and comped it into the photo and added more blur and grain. Looking pretty good. However, I think I see some jaggies on the right side of the monitor.

Attachments:
micro_final_comp_resize.jpg (26.4 KB)

• Quick Links