Other Sources for Training Materials - A Master List?

3951   2   1
26 posts
Although both the Vidio Tutorials and the .pdf tutorials are very helpful, I am finding that I cannot find the answers to many questions that inevitably arise when using Houdini, specifically the prodeedural order of doing things. I know it is a very programmatic process and, thus, very intuitive to those with a programming “bend” in their psyches, but to other of us less gifted, we may need some visual ques to help us along the learning path. I find the use of NURBS within the Houdini scheme of things not very forthcoming, in particular.

Can anyone list all of the available learning resources for those of us pretty much starting from ground zero in the many and deep uses of Houdini. Do any of the Side-Effects staff regularly visit this forum? Are there other forums that they visit more often? Given the workload of Jason Busby, it appears he will not be adding many more modules to the Houdini line any time soon enough, so having access to all available resources for those trying to learn with the Apprentice edition would be most helpful.

Sincerely,

Greg Smith
170 posts
Did you check out 3DBuzz. They have more great VTMs there.
The Things I Do For Love!
47 posts
the sidefx video tutorials are great, but i found i needed the 3dbuzz ones also , different perspective and different teaching style, i think both sets of videos complement each other pretty well.

at 3dbuzz sign up for the online course, Houdini 101. this is how you get access to the video tutorials, you then have some multiple choice tests and assignments to complete to progress. I havent got to module 2 yet, but it has some awesome stuff, like that tornado effect mentioned on their forums.
  • Quick Links