Mantra not responding upon clicking "Render"

4629   4   2
1 posts
(I'm new here, so sorry if this is the wrong forum.)

I've recently starting using Houdini 10 and wanted to test out how the rendering system worked. I made a cube, applied a material and made a new Mantra node; but when I try to render, it seems as if it doesn't do anything. I've looked multiple places but couldn't find an answer, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm using a Windows XP SP3 Home operating system, in case that helps.
1769 posts
hi!

Did You place a camera in the scene? because a mantra node looks for cam1 if You press the render button on the mantra node.
However if You launching the render from the viewport menu (left), then it should render without a camera, but renders the window that way.
daniel bukovec | senior fx td | weta digital
qLib -- http://qlab.github.io/qLib/ [qlab.github.io]
5 posts
… in the license administrator.

If the fix with the cam doesn't work, u might want to open up ur license administrator and check if the licenses have been installed correctly.

cheers
Ron
1145 posts
Go to your windows menu and launch Mplay by itself. Don't load a file when it askes, just cancel that. Under the Render menu of Mplay, turn on “Listen for Renderer”, then leave Mplay open.
In Houdini launch a render. If this works, then delete your Houdini preferences directory(under My Documents someplace) and launch houdini again and have it build a new default set of preferences.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
52 posts
CoreKeys
(I'm new here, so sorry if this is the wrong forum.)

I've recently starting using Houdini 10 and wanted to test out how the rendering system worked. I made a cube, applied a material and made a new Mantra node; but when I try to render, it seems as if it doesn't do anything. I've looked multiple places but couldn't find an answer, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm using a Windows XP SP3 Home operating system, in case that helps.

If you wait about 1 minute, does Mplay eventually come up with the render?
  • Quick Links