wedge shader parameters

3934   2   0
152 posts
hello,

i'm not sure if this is an mplay or wedge rop fixable issue…

I was just trying to use the wedge rop so that i could increment a shader parameter because as far as i know, shader parameters cannot be dependent upon time, otherwise i would just animate the parameter over time from 0 to 1 from frame 1 to 10 for example, therefore having a .1 increment of the parameter at each frame. then rendering out the frame range as normal

so i tried using the wedge rop to accomplish this but each image is named differently and therefore i can't easily load each frame as a sequence in mplay… example:
names are like wedge_myparam_.11111.0001.tif, wedge_myparam_.2222.0001.tif…. so on and so on… etc.

when i try to “load files” through mplay, since they are differently named frames, i have to load them one at a time… So, i'm curious if there is a workaround for this that anyone knows of? either a wedge-rop or non-wedge rop solution!s

another thing i tried was just, removing the $F4 padding in mantra, and just left it like $WEDGE.tif… which left me with wedge_myparam_.11111.tif, .22222.tif, etc etc etc… however, this didn't work out to well, because it kept crashing mplay… since i'ts a weird set of numbers to use as an image sequence there.

please if anyone has any ideas for me, i'd really appreciate it

Jonathan
1631 posts
Hi,

Wouldn't this work?
mplay wedge_myparam_.*.0001.tif

Shader parameters can be dependent on time. You're confusing it with putting animated channels in VOPs which is not allowed. So, you can use a fit() function in the shader parameter and render 10 frames to see the results.

Cheers!
steven
152 posts
oh oops… i must just be tired! forgot that i could just promote the VOPS shader parameter up to a SHOPS context then just animate it there!

and you're code solution works well also

thank you so much,
Jonathan
  • Quick Links