touchdesigner ?

9054   6   1
575 posts
touchdesigner, what exactly is it and what role does it play in concerning houdini? I'm just curious.

Martin
Staff
1182 posts
Greg Hermanovic was one of the founders of Side Effects Software. At one point he wanted to go in a different direction and founded derivative which creates touchdesigner. Houdini and touch share the same base technologies although they have serve different markets.

The purpose of the tech evening in Toronto is to show the community where this technology is now.

Robert

PS - we will probably not be recording this presentation. We try to record as many as possible but usually they are recorded on another day so that the presenter can focus on the audience during the tech evening.
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
575 posts
thanks, sounds very interesting. My only fear is that it is as addictive as houdini.
121 posts
it is, as you never have to wait for renders
2 posts
rmagee,

I would be interested in seeing a recorded session, please can you ask Greg Hermanovic to record for though of us who can't make it to the presentation event.

Thks
3 posts
Just curious… was this recorded? I would love to see it if it did. I am interested in Touchdesigner and would love to learn more…

Thanks for the help.

Cheers!

-John Moncrief
———–]
johnCrief
———–]
Staff
1182 posts
There are some videos on their blog:

http://www.derivative.ca/Blog/ [derivative.ca]
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager