Help docs Online

37071   45   4
Staff
1256 posts
werwack
By the way, a quick question: is there a bug repporter integrated in Houdini? I crashed a few times, sometimes without a message saying “File saved…”. Not sure to be able to repproduce…

Hello,

There's no bug reporter in Houdini, but when it crashes, it will occasionally save a crash log to disk (a message will pop-up telling you the location of the crash log).

Note that you can report bugs using the website. At the top, just go to Support -> Submit H9 Bugs

In the bug description, you can append the contents of the crash log as extra information. It will help the development team analyze the problem.

And even if no log is created, feel free to submit the bug anyway along with steps on how to reproduce the crash.

Cheers,
Rob
71 posts
Thank you Rob,

Indeed I have some bugs from time to time and I submit them, but I am sometime wondering if I am the only one to have them. I test Houdini on 2 machines though and try to mention if it could be local bug.

On the website I have not found a button or whatever to add an attachment to the bug
So I have one, for example, that I will explain here cause a scereenshot is better than a long talk.

Houdini V. 9.0768

When clicking on the help on a tooltip for a function in the Parameters Pane I get an error message and the help page is not found.

I have it on 2 completely different computers and internet access settings.

Hope that help

Attachments:
helpError.gif (157.4 KB)

Video Game Graphics TD
1192 posts
I just noticed a new entry called “Documentation” in the Support menu of the site.
Thanks SESI!

Dragos
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
330 posts
good work, thanks
71 posts
Thank you very much for that note, Dragos, and thank you Rob and all the team for taking in account our feedback

I'm gonna use it right away
Video Game Graphics TD
154 posts
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/ [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links