weird text in help file

5874   7   1
479 posts
Hi, I got some weird text shown in the Houdini help file (image attached).

Can anybody help to check how to solve this problem? Thanks!

Attachments:
weird text in help file.jpg (72.0 KB)

4262 posts
What platform you on? Does is constant happen or is it an occasional occurance?
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
479 posts
I'm using windows xp 32bit and I think it's a constant issue.

Is this a bug of the help file system of Houdini?
4262 posts
oat
I'm using windows xp 32bit and I think it's a constant issue.

Is this a bug of the help file system of Houdini?

Its the first time I've seen something like that. It might be something specific to your system triggering a bug. Its tough to say. Perhaps someone else has experienced this?
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
53 posts
I have experienced this problem with Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8 on PC hardware running Windows XP and Vista and when running XP or Vista in a Virtual Machine on a PC. Firefox and Safari have not exhibited this problem on PC hardware.

Additionally, when using Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8 on PC hardware or Virtual Machines running Windows XP or Vista, and visiting the Houdini Forum, the navigation menu, under the marquee does not render the drop-down list properly. The list is off-set to the right of the category heading and disappears when the cursor is moved to make a selection, making it difficult to choose something from the menu. This only occurs on the Forum pages.

Internet Explorer 8 has not exhibited any of this behavior on Mac OS X in Boot Camp, when using Windows Vista.

Originally, I thought Internet Explorer had a problem rendering certain sidefx.com web pages but Internet Explorer 8 works properly in Boot Camp.

I don't know why this happens.

graphos1
7725 posts
Whenever possible, try using Houdini's internal web browser for help.
128 posts
It's a bug of doc visible in IE
internal browser is not a best browser, sorry - it loads very slow, it fails to load documents sometime (too often, than sometime!), once benefit to use it - is launching/loading samples.
I use Chrome to see docs, it is appropriate for me. And I see site-based docs more often, than localized just because a lot of little files impacts disk storage and lead to excessive time during installation, for example.
Is it possible to add options to include/exclude internal docs and HDK too?

Thank you!
Anything that flies
479 posts
Thank you, guys! really appreciate your help!
  • Quick Links