Question: Mplay Re-sizing

3312   4   0
665 posts
Hi Guys,

At the moment, I am running some 2k renders. But really only focusing on a small section of the image.

Unfortunately, atm, Mplay likes to JUMP to 2k/full screen with every click of the render button.

Is there any way to get mplay to stay at the same size as I set it between renders?

thanks!
-j
47 posts
*shudder* Oohhhh… I hate that. I hate it so much that I pestered many big Houdini brains at work how to stop that, but with no luck. My point of replying is to share your pain (we have a support group), and to echo your desire for such a feature.

- Phunt

P.S. If you need a shoulder to cry on, the support group meets in room 104 down the hall every second Wednesday.
Peter “Phunt” Hunt
bumbling Houdini newbie
665 posts
I'll bring doughnuts.
319 posts
Yo,

Can you render to disk, load that image into a third party image viewer (flipper?), resize the viewer, then simply overwrite the image file flipper is pointed at with every subsequent render? As the new image renders you could even hit update (I think it was ‘u’ in flipper?) to give you interactive rendering type behaviour…

I guess this wont let you toggle between the current and previous renders though as its being overwritten each time, but it'll stop the popping to 2k?!
665 posts
Yo,

Can you render to disk, load that image into a third party image viewer (flipper?), resize the viewer, then simply overwrite the image file flipper is pointed at with every subsequent render? As the new image renders you could even hit update (I think it was ‘u’ in flipper?) to give you interactive rendering type behaviour…

No.
  • Quick Links