calling different forces

1934   3   1
42 posts
hi guys .. this will need a file to explain and have attached it … so basically if the particles are within the bounding box then they should be applied a certain type of force .. but as soon as they are out of the bounding box some other force works on them.

in the file i have attached .. i am not sure if the group “remanin” i have defined in the pops is the correct way for there is something all together wrong with this approach

appreciate your help!

Attachments:
meta_and_point.hip (127.5 KB)

42 posts
hey guys pls.. tell me if i am not making myself very clear with the question … will rephrase it better
1908 posts
It looks to me like you are overcomplicating it.

If you forget grouping at the SOP level you can do it all with a single Group POP in the simulation. If you create a Group POP and set it to Bounding and point it to the scaled Metaball you can group out all the points in the bbox. You can then, under the Combine tab, make a group that isn't the points in the inside group. Now you just have your attractors work on either the inside or outside group.

Attachments:
meta_and_point_fixed.hipnc (98.9 KB)

Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
42 posts
awww ofcourse :roll: !! … guess i got carried away since i had learned haspoint() and was not thinking of other ways.

But suppose i have to use that function …..and so i could have defined both the groups in one node … and called the other group in the second attractor but then that is still not working…and suppose i had to have a curl noise after the metallball force and before settling on to the other shape .. how would you approach that.

Attachments:
meta_and_point_V2.hip (118.7 KB)

• Quick Links