carving prims in sequence

3539   3   2
245 posts
This can be done by hand the long way but I was wondering if there was a procedural way to carve a sequence of Primitives using CHOPs data (a sequence of partial sine waves from 0 to 1 offset so they begin one after the other). I had a question similar to this in sequencing polyextrudes but the method does not work on carve because the domainu/domainv parameters are not point attributes. I was thinking of doing something with MAPU/MAPv with attribute create but not sure how to start off. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-markerline
245 posts
Oh well. had to do it the long way by copying and pasting carve nodes and manually entering keyframes. Not the method I had hoped for but it works. And now if I want to fetch the keyframe data and alter it in CHOPs I guess I can do so, like adding noise or something Houdini-esque. If anyone still comes up with a suggestion on what I could have done to procedurally drive a sequence of carves then I'd love to hear about it. (I guess I could have used Hscript to procedurally create nodes with given keyframes and group data so as to isolate which carve is being affected)
2199 posts
You could probably do it in a foreach node. Don't have time to try it out for you but I'm sure that would work. Anything where you need to process things one at a time will work in a foreach sop, or a copy stamp loop which is a bit more old school.
For a compact manual method check out my multi-carve example on www.houdinitools.com it's near the bottom of the otls page.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
245 posts
yes, I tried forEach but it didn't work the way that I applied it. Probably didn't follow proper procedural methods with it. I will look at your multi-carve tool which it looks like works for H9. I hope it works for the version I have. thanks for replying.
  • Quick Links