motion blur and COPs

7188   6   2
86 posts
hi all..

Just wondering if there are any examples of creating motion blur data for use in COPs. I've tried exporting a 32-bit EXR channel using getblurP(), but the Velocity Blur COP wants velocity data and states that it “can't quite do true motion blur”. There seem to be lots of ways to get the data into Reelsmart and other tools in any case.

thanks
I installed a skylight in my apartment… the people who live above me are furious!
- Steven Wright
2624 posts
Post motion blur in cops is broken . A rfe has been submitted . If you do a search there are some threads on this and some Nuke files

r
Gone fishing
86 posts
thanks circusmonkey! Regrettably i haven't found a way to search the RFEs so i must ask you these questions .
I installed a skylight in my apartment… the people who live above me are furious!
- Steven Wright
42 posts
if all you want is to create velocity data, jason iverson explained how to do it here [sidefx.com].

as for a fix to the Velocity Blur COP, how about a buggy per pixel streak blur [youtube.com] instead?
86 posts
hey 42.. i like your fractal flame 8) . Shades of Doc Baily!

BTW Nuke can generate motion blur from 3D passes as well.
- Steven Wright
42 posts
david_aiken
Shades of…
thanks. just need a billion more particles and/or motion blur…
86 posts
http://code.google.com/p/h2k/ [code.google.com] :>).
- Steven Wright
  • Quick Links