(USB) microphone audio-in OP - how to setup?

1359   0   1
3 posts
Hi

I'm trying to register any input from a microphone but I can't figure out how to set it up - I've got a USB microphone connected to the PC and using an audio-in OP. I had hoped this would work fairly straightforward, but I'm not seeing anything happening in motion view.

In the audio in OP I can only choose between Line and Microphone and not Digital as is referred to in the help page for this OP.

I've also tried the mic from my headphones, but it doesn't do anything either. Searching the forums and those of ODforce were of no help too.

So… the questions; How to get houdini to register sound from my usb mic? Is this at all possible or should I use that of my headphones; if so, how to get this working? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :]

FYI, what I want to do is drive geometry and/or control the input of a CHOP synthesiser using a guitar, or through whistling, etc. I already managed to make some basic synths through chops, but I used simple waveforms then. I know houdini isn't made for this, but I don't care much about the input quality or the memory constraints (although it makes it a lot more difficult), I just want to see where playing around with it will lead me.
  • Quick Links