Coordinate System feature broken for Flip Fluids?

1970   2   0
17 posts
Hi!

First of all the Flip Fluids, insofar as I can tell are really awesome. However I'm trying to use the coordinate system feature, and when I try it on the default flip fluids using the coordinate system tab in the flipfluid1 node, it doesn't work - to see the coordinates I use the Guides option, set visualization type to value and visualization attrib to coordinate1, and I can't see texture coords. And the attribute doesn't show in the details view.

However when I use the coordinate system feature on the particle fluids, it works just like you'd expect. Also when I take a flip fluid, go into the particle fluid object and under Initial Data I change the Particle Type to SPH, it works!

But this is kind of wonky.

Am I missing something?

Eric
17 posts
Anyone there? Bueller? Bueller??

Eric
17 posts
The friendly folks at sidefx just sent me a workaround in case anyone's interested!

Cheers,

Eric

————————————————————–
As a workaround, please:
1) Turn on SPH style particles, instead of plain particles, in the flipfluidobject. This will allow particle coordinates to be created at all.

2) Add a Gas Adjust Particle Coordinates to the particle update stage of the flip solver.
  • Quick Links