POP GROUP rules

4385   5   0
5 posts
Sorry for my english… What meen RULE{1==2} into popnet1/group? I'm noob in Houdini
861 posts
Hmmmmm, is that all there is written?

We can use curly brackets to write multiline expressions. The following will, for example, group even numbered particles when typed into the Rule parameter of the group POP.

{
if($PT % 2 == 0){
return 1;
} else {
return 0;
}
}

Maybe it's part of a longer expression like that?
--
Jobless
5 posts
This link http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/11658-flip-fluid-sand-girl/ [forums.odforce.net]
file fake_melt.hip

autodop\pop_network\popnet1\grp_y

In rule field 1==2 only
861 posts
Oh that… it's weird. It always evaluates to 0. Not sure why anyone would write it that way. Maybe a typo. Or perhaps it is to create an empty group and make it somehow stand out in the network.
--
Jobless
861 posts
I looked a bit through that network. It appears that grp_y is an empty group, then populated in a voppop by choosing point numbers according to a rule, and then an attribute is set for the particles in the group.

I suppose the 1==2 is indeed to assure an empty group. I don't think it needs to be an expression. Perhaps previous versions did not evaluate properly if it was just set to 0, or perhaps there is a very subtle reason for this, but I think it is not needed.

Clever setup though.
--
Jobless
5 posts
Ок. Big thanks. Than probably to replace this node?
  • Quick Links