Hi everyone,
The H22 announcements mentioned something about MCP support to APEX Script, and I'm really interested in trying it out.
I'm having a hard time finding any information about where and how this can currently be accessed.
Is the APEX MCP integration already available somewhere in the Houdini 22 builds, or is it currently limited to an internal / private preview?
If it is available for testing, where can I find it, and what is the recommended way to set it up?
I'd also be interested to know whether there are any plans to make the MCP server itself publicly available, for example as part of Houdini or through a SideFX repository.
Thanks!
APEX MCP integration
303 2 0-
- chf
- Member
- 212 posts
- Joined: Nov. 2015
- Offline
-
- Violentar
- Member
- 3 posts
- Joined: Sept. 2026
- Offline
I’m interested in this too, especially because MCP with APEX Script could make it much easier to automate parts of a Houdini workflow instead of building everything manually. I’ve seen a few mentions of the integration but haven’t found much concrete information about actually setting it up.
I’m wondering whether it’s already usable in one of the H22 builds or whether it’s still something SideFX is keeping behind the scenes for now. A public MCP server or official repository would be really useful for experimenting with it.
I’m wondering whether it’s already usable in one of the H22 builds or whether it’s still something SideFX is keeping behind the scenes for now. A public MCP server or official repository would be really useful for experimenting with it.
-
- Gaalvk
- Member
- 113 posts
- Joined: March 2025
- Offline
-
- Quick Links


