Why does houdini license process is such a pain?

11577   6   3
17 posts
Not other commercial software has ever giving me so much problem as Houdini. There seem to be a lot of issues when finding the hserver
Edited by - March 11, 2008 14:31:41
42 posts
The best way to deal with this is to write support@sidefx.com and include the license diagnostic.
135 posts
I;m haveing trouble with the install of h9.1 beta.. can;t get it to do the license thing… i was wondering if anything has happpned with beta 9.1 for win 64 bit. at all?

Running on a dual dual core 4 gigs of ram BOXX and Nivdia quadra fx 1500 lastest driver card… also having pop up s about the wacom tablet needs to be reinstalled even though i have it installed…. Would love the help thanks……

George
3D Mind body and Soul Great illusions are done by great artists…
17 posts
dont think the wacom message is houdini related, i get it occasionally and have the latest driver (and tablet), think it has something to do with startup order, it loads late, after the last startup app has loaded, maybe adding a character to the process to put it more upfront might help.
696 posts
I had problems when upgrading to the 64bit build of H9 from the 32bit build.

It's possible that this may fix your problem:

Open the license administrator, select “File->Change License Server”
then check or uncheck Use Standalone Mode.

And yeah, the tablet thing is a Wacom issue. I get that message regardless of whether it's Houdini, Photoshop, Itunes, or Maya
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
483 posts
The beta version of 9.1 should not have licensing problems on Windows 64 any more. Be sure you install the licensing tools when you install Houdini 9.1, though – I believe it's not selected by default.
1192 posts
1. The tone of your post sucks. If you expect help, be polite and constructive in your posts
2. The “wait two weeks for an answer” is simply a lie in order strengthen your already arrogant and impolite post. I don't think that someone has *ever* waited much for an answer on this excellent forum
3. I had never, ever, had any problem with Houdini licensing, commercial or non-commercial, locked or floating, on XP 32bit or 64 bit, Ubuntu Linux 32 or 64 bit. The licensing procedure looks very fast and painless to me, there are also FAQs on this site and there is also support available for licensing problems even for Apprentice users.

Dragos
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
  • Quick Links