houdini won't start :Segmentation Fault

15392   5   0
113 posts
Hi
Houdini won't go pass the splash screen after i installed and tested the fur plugins.I have a feeling that the fur plugins messed up my houdini setting but not sure what went wrong.I did the usually uninstalled everything and fresh installed houdini but still doesn't work.any help?

1660: Fatal error: Segmentation Fault
where am I?
1632 posts
Hey,

Either remove the fur plugins or contact the author directly about it. Where did you get the plugins from?

Cheers!
steven
4140 posts
I suspect he's referring to Mark Visser's plugins that were mentioned over on odforce(and they're pretty damned cool). I believe early releases of them were somewhat aggressive about how they installed on Windows and permanently wired some important envars to a specific install of Houdini, the upshot meaning that the moment you upgrade Houdini it doesn't work. You need to delete any HOUDINI_ envars from your setup - I believe HOUDINI_PATH and HOUDINI_DSO_PATH are set. Certainly nothing serious was done, it just seems that way.

I think he tweaked the windows version to stop doing this, alternatively you can simply copy the materials to somewhere in the HOUDINI_PATH like $HOME and it should pick things up automatically.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
113 posts
hey Thanks Jcold.
I did all the procedures you mentioned but still having trouble launching Houdini.I will try posting the problem on odforce.
where am I?
113 posts
ERROR: Couldn't open resource file “resources” (No such file or directory)
Can't open dophints.cmd
ERROR: Couldn't open “Fuse9.1.202/FUSE_ColorOptions.ui” for reading: No such file or directory
where am I?
113 posts
still trying to fix my problem..
here is my crashlog

Crash report from sai; Unknown App Version 9.1.207
Traceback from Tue Apr 08 12:05:14 2008
Caught signal 11
+0x696deb58
+0x731e8b59
where am I?
  • Quick Links