Modifying Emitter Shape

3559   2   2
7 posts
I have an object animated to pass through an invisible plane in a scene. What I want to do is make the intersection of the two surfaces emit particles around the moving object.

I was originally trying to use a surfsect operator set to intersect in order to create a simple curve from which I could emit the particles. I have tried setting the generate profiles button (which upon reading the help files implies that it should generate the profile of the intersection between the two objects).

I have tried Boolean, and Cookie as well, and none of the booleans seem to perform as expected.

Basically, nothing I have tried has successfully created an emitter to mimick the effect I wanted.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thx
225 posts
Hi,

Are you having trouble generating the profiles themselves or emitting from the extracted profiles?

set the surfsect to “generate profiles” and then append a profile sop to work with standalone curves. You may want to join some of the segments the profile sop generates. use these as the pop source

Cheers
tallkien
7 posts
That worked great. I didn't understand that I had to use the profile sop in conjunction with the surfsect sop.

thanks much
  • Quick Links