Region rendering problem IMG_TileWrite

9919   7   2
8 posts
Hi everyone,
I'm playing times to times with Houdini apprentice (the free one), on a winXp32.
I was using the 249 build and everything was fine, but one day, the region render did not work anymore.
Ererytime I use it, the console open up and says :

IMG_TileWrite::socketWrite: No such file or directory
mantra: Error writing data to image device

I've uninstalled houdini, installed the 401 build, but it's always the same.

I'm really a noob and I got no idea about what I can do.

Thx
130 posts
Hi,

Same here, Win 7 .64 build 7100, Houdini 10.0.424.
If anybody knows how to solve it, let us know, please.

I'm not logging this as a bug, because I can't check it on a different machine/setup/windows ver - might be as well win 7 pre-release bug.

Thanks,
Greg
95 posts
Hi

Ive had the same issue since i started using houdini a couple months ago. I never found a solution. I have a feeling its my hardware/drivers. Otherwise the render region never works for me, and when it does it renders a tiny part and stops.
130 posts
Hi,

I've checked the forum, and it seems that two common factors are “Windows - XP, Vista, 7” and “x64”. Has ANYBODY had this problem on x86/32 bit windows?

Greg
1 posts
Same here…just cant use if I cant render nothing. Look that MilWatt use XP32, s I dont think is a problem with win7/64, I am using here the RC yet too. Some idea about what we can do?? My message says:

IMG_TileWrite::socketWrite: No error
mantra: Error writing data to image device
No licenses could be found to run this application.
Please check for a valid license server host
5 posts
Same problem here (Win 7 64Bit), the only thing I can do is open the task manager, kill the process “mantra.exe” and hope it works for the next couple of renders.
4 posts
Has anyone found the solution?
Staff
1449 posts
it could be related to a firewall settings or an anti-virus software:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=18687 [sidefx.com]
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=18237 [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links