Import attribute problem

   4735   4   0
User Avatar
Member
383 posts
Joined:
Offline
Hello,

I can't import attribute I created in VOPSOP node.
When i check in the detail view I can see the value of my attribute but when I use importAttribute node in the VOPSOP nothing happen. When I check the value with the console there only “adata: {0.000000,0.000000,0.000000}”I import a vector

Here is my scene. I don't know what I miss

Thanks for your help

Attachments:
importAttrib.hip (50.5 KB)

http://vimeo.com/vbkstudio [vimeo.com]
User Avatar
Member
383 posts
Joined:
Offline
hmm
it seems only the first point of grid object is affected by my VOPSOP ….
why my attrbiute react with only the first poin of my an object.
I use it as pivot reference …
http://vimeo.com/vbkstudio [vimeo.com]
User Avatar
Member
9731 posts
Joined: July 2007
Online
you should feed constant 0 to ptnum of importattrib1
to always import the attribute from the first point of the second input
since the second input has only one point and therefore importing from other index than 0 will give you (0,0,0)

EDIT: for your particular case you do not need to create centerpos attribute, you can directly import P in the VOP SOP
Tomas Slancik
CG Supervisor
Framestore, NY
User Avatar
Member
383 posts
Joined:
Offline
the case changed !
i am not sure to understand your edit
In the vopsop P is the points of my grid but I need the coord of the pivot of my sphere … how can I imort that in my VOPSOP ?

Anyway thanks ofr your explaination. I didn't expect that about VOpSOP inputs
http://vimeo.com/vbkstudio [vimeo.com]
User Avatar
Member
9731 posts
Joined: July 2007
Online
vbk!!!
…
i am not sure to understand your edit
In the vopsop P is the points of my grid but I need the coord of the pivot of my sphere … how can I imort that in my VOPSOP ?

…

in importattrib1 you can type P directly instead of centerpos which is containing the same values as P in your case
it will then import position of the specified point(s) from the specified input on importattrib1
Tomas Slancik
CG Supervisor
Framestore, NY
  • Quick Links