Rendering a wireframe mesh

5717   4   1
9 posts
Howdy,

okay, I know, stupid question…

It's been a while since I used Houdini and I found that I have forgotten how to do something fairly basic…I am kinda pressed for time, working a million hours a day, 7 days a week using other packages and don't have time to poke around at home in the Houdini docs, so if anyone out there can set me straight on this I would really appreciate it!

How do I render a polygon mesh, smooth, with the wire frame lines showing? Or a sub-d for that matter?

-it's gotta be ultra simple…I just can't seem to find it in the interface…

ops:
No matter where you go, there you are.
1390 posts
indeed! i don't know well houdini but it must be easy question since even I know the answer (I hope)

1) Use OGL ROP to render in wireframe mode.
2) alternatively you can try a Wire SOP to turn your polygon geometry in wireframe structure. (looks very nice, not like CG wireframe, but like medical/chemical models or something like this)

Cheers!
symek.
9 posts
I don't know that that would get quite the effect I want, but thanks for the response. I don't want just the transparent wire frame lines, but the mesh grayshaded as well. Sort of to show the structure of the modelling while still showing a grayshaded model mesh, lit in 3 dimensions.

unless it would?

Ta!
No matter where you go, there you are.
1390 posts
well… OGL ROP have 3 types of output, maybe one of them can satisfy you.

You can also just make flipbook preview and save it on disk - and since you can turn off all not nessecery display (grid, orgin etc) and make background black it will look fine… and you have 9 display mode so it really, really must make you happy

best,
szymek

PS I even made nice picture for you but… forgot that i don't have net page to put it there…
412 posts
wren is houdini's wireframe renderer. check out the rendering outputs pdf and look for information on it..
Dave Quirus
  • Quick Links