way to generate flipbook of multiple views?

8172   8   2
412 posts
Hey everyone,

is there a way to generate a flipbook (or opengl rop) render so that it looks at all my views, rather than just the one that is activated? i'm guessing there isn't but would really would like this option if possible to implement.

thanks,
dave
Dave Quirus
2199 posts
Does it work if you use a “Switcher” object to change cameras? I can't see why it wouldn't since flipbook just grabs the output from the viewer. I haven't tried it, but that would be my guess.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
412 posts
Actually, that was a really good idea that i didn't think of and does work.. the only problem is i was hoping to have simultaneous views rather than one view switching to the other (imagine a screen grab from the all-4 views but for each frame). I know I can actually just render each of the views seperately and then put them back together in comp, but was hoping i could just do it in one shot.

thanks simon,

dave
Dave Quirus
2199 posts
I guess the only way around that would be to have duplicate objects in your scene with a parent that transforms then to a seperate space then view the whole lot with one camera….. better to comp it I think. Or just make 2 flipbooks and view them next to each other.
Can you do a split screen in mplay with 2 different sequences, I know you can with 2 images?
Maybe you could make the switcher flip every second frame and then view all the odd numbers in one half and all the even numbers in the other… :?
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
412 posts
yea, i think you're right about this one.. comping will be best.. no biggy
Dave Quirus
7709 posts
If you animate which viewport gets output, (like 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 …) then the Mosaic COP can put it back into quad views.
412 posts
hey edward… how exactly could i do that? i must be missing something right smack in front of me, but i can't find a place to animate which viewport gets the output..
Dave Quirus
15 posts
Absolutely ancient thread, but for those who are here and looking for a low tec option...

Setting your scene view to show quad view, creatinig 4 cameras and setting them in each of the new views, then in the flipbook options select "All Viewports" from the render dropdown in the output tab. This will give you four unique views. Then for your usecase just set the render rez and AA to something acceptable.
Edited by Roger Wellard - July 26, 2023 05:55:17
251 posts
You can use Prosequencer for that, by yours truly. (not all the views in one go but automate making previews from multiple cameras). It's a camera/general sequencer where you can manage tracks similair to a After Effects.

In the track's context menu are various options for making flipbooks and direct outputs to mp4 files if ffmpeg is available.

Its part of my free toolkit:
https://bitbucket.org/jcdeblok/jdb_houdinitoolkit/src/master/ [bitbucket.org]

Here is a small getting started with prosequencer tutorial: https://jdbgraphics.nl/script/prosequencer-2-0-houdini/ [jdbgraphics.nl]
Edited by Jonathan de Blok - July 26, 2023 12:03:24
More code, less clicks.
  • Quick Links