Houdini 13 Wishlist.

155689   209   0
34 posts
Arrays in VOP ! Max and Min in a set in VOP! Array attribute in SOP!
https://vimeo.com/timmarinov [vimeo.com]
4 posts
nimnul
jeff
nimnul
Sorry if i'm repeating, but:
1. More sophisticated shutter model (like one in prman)

You just want prman's shutteropening(opentime, closetime, optional spline points)?

Yes, exactly. I would be happy to have that in mantra.

+1

We have had to resort to comp hacks to match hold outs from prman and mantra so this would be an important feature to add. And while at it, perhaps even provide a method to visualise the spline using a ramp as shown in the prman docs (something that even RMS lacks).
–Sachin Shrestha
7 posts
noise sop for general purpose?

I make vopsop more than 10 times in a day. (for noise P, Cd, N or make arbitrary attribute)

I have otl for my own, but it will be great if there is default node for it.
101 posts
A more extensive help…

Nobody would care for my pages on help and more examples, right?

Like put some uses of Whitewater, CloudFX, would be great,
122 posts
Please make 10 time more fast caustic light.
14 posts
If there's already a way to do this I haven't found it but would like to know.

When I'm running a simulation by just hitting play in the timeline, I would like to set breakpoints (just as you would in a debugging software) rather than constantly changing the last frame. So say my sim goes from 1-100, I might want to set a breakpoint at frame 5 and 20. So it would stop at frame 5 so I could check it to make sure that's what I want and then hit play to continue.
7709 posts
tettoffensive
When I'm running a simulation by just hitting play in the timeline, I would like to set breakpoints (just as you would in a debugging software) rather than constantly changing the last frame. So say my sim goes from 1-100, I might want to set a breakpoint at frame 5 and 20. So it would stop at frame 5 so I could check it to make sure that's what I want and then hit play to continue.

A hacky way to do this is to create a dummy Null node and create a single channel on it and pin it in the Channel Editor pane. Create keys at frame 5 and 20. Now you can use the “previous key” and “next key” buttons on the timeline to go to them.
14 posts
thanks for the tip! Not ideal, but it is working!

edward
tettoffensive

A hacky way to do this is to create a dummy Null node and create a single channel on it and pin it in the Channel Editor pane. Create keys at frame 5 and 20. Now you can use the “previous key” and “next key” buttons on the timeline to go to them.
54 posts
Multiple point selection, when creating curves.

*dont post about edit sop and adding another nodes, i dont see why this is not working like that straight ahead. Small but useful thing.
7 posts
vector_to_matrix vop. so we can easily plug it with our N and up.
  • Quick Links