Amazon Ec2 pre flight

1887   2   1
2624 posts
Its been a very long time since I have had to look at this. I set a simple h12.1 scene up and did a pre flight,

From the PDF I should drag the red flagged parms into the $JOB dir. I am unable to do this and get a warning about locked assets. One is the HQ render node which of course I don't have access to. Next the red flagged parms are not even required by the scene, so do they matter even matter. Lastly should I be expecting to wait 30mins to upload a 12.5 file using an ADSL 2+ connection.

any pointers ?

Rob

Attachments:
prefight.jpg (70.9 KB)

Gone fishing
696 posts
circusmonkey
Its been a very long time since I have had to look at this. I set a simple h12.1 scene up and did a pre flight,

From the PDF I should drag the red flagged parms into the $JOB dir. I am unable to do this and get a warning about locked assets. One is the HQ render node which of course I don't have access to. Next the red flagged parms are not even required by the scene, so do they matter even matter. Lastly should I be expecting to wait 30mins to upload a 12.5 file using an ADSL 2+ connection.

any pointers ?

Rob

It's been a while for me too, but I remember I didn't use to worry about the red stuff. I actually think they are red because they are not existent or required by the file (like the IFD.py down there). Now your SSS.pc file, is it generated during render time? just make sure it's being created inside the $JOB folder and you should be fine.
About the time it takes, I do remember it taking a bit longer than just uploading a file, but 30 minutes seems odd.

Cheeer
Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
2624 posts
Same here I didnt think the red stuff was an issue. Maybe its an upgrade needed with the cloud ? . I am onto support about it

Rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links