Fibremesh curves for Fur

3571   4   1
7 posts
Hey guys. I am new to Houdini and I tried to use Zbrush fibremesh curves as Guides for Houdini Fur but it turned out that if I use them the styling with them as Guides won't work as supposed. It somehow uses the Curves but produces wrong results.

So my question would be if anyone used external curves or zbrush curves allready for styling Fur in Houdini and help me out a bit.
8525 posts
http://forums.odforce.net/topic/17780-fur-and-clumping/?p=107843 [forums.odforce.net]
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
7 posts
Hey, ty for your tip. Found some discussions in that forum but havent seen this one. Sadly it doesnt work. I tried to use the actual fur system and sop for guides and choose my curves as guides while I created the origin attribute on my curves and resampled them.

The result is still the same. Here is a sample scene, maybe someone can take a look and give me some insight and share it here.

Attachments:
hairTest.hipnc (1.7 MB)

7 posts
oh sry forgot the input meshes.

Attachments:
dog_fur.zip (709.4 KB)

35 posts
hey man

seems the curves from the other program are a bit messed, even though the point numbers make sense i had to rebuild the curves for it to work. Just deleted the old curves and used the points to add new ones

here you go

Attachments:
dogfix.hipnc (1.7 MB)

Director at polycat studio
  • Quick Links