Fur Sticks to Collision Object

3981   4   3
1 posts
Hey All,

Having a situation where fur strands get stuck (or caught) on a collision object as the object passes through the fur. The strands then stretch out well beyond thier regular length remaining constantly attached to the collision object even though it has fully travelled past its root. The root and tip often remain, yet a point on the strand gets caught creating loop shapes.

Its not every strand, just a few random strands.

We have tried varying collision object complexities, from a high resolution version which closely matches the original surface to a simple implicit box without any change.

C

Attachments:
005s005_grass.086.jpg (586.9 KB)

614 posts
take in consideration the width of the wire deformer, i would suggest to turn on the vizulisation.

if they are streatching that much, increase the linear damping, (resistance to stretchinness)
and in the wire solver increase the subsamples.
35 posts
Well, I was wondering about something reverse - how to make Wires stick to a surface, stop moving, being influenced by forces, etc? Lets say I have falling wires, like single strands of hair. They hit the ground and collide with it, no problem, but they keep moving, are still being influenced by vector field. How can one stop them? With POPs there is collision behavior, but here I'm stuck…
---
http://madfusion.eu [madfusion.eu]
https://linktr.ee/loogas [linktr.ee]
310 posts
Bump. Also not seeing a minimal difference in wire solver friction, even with very high values.
Edited by Midasssilver - May 25, 2018 18:13:47
614 posts
if they stretch increase the sub sample a and test, that helps a lot since evaluate in between frames and avoid the points of the curve to penetrate the solid object.
  • Quick Links