Need help with Stitch SOP

4696   2   0
436 posts
I need some serious help with Stitch SOP. I don't understand how to use it. I don't understand what its looking for as far as input. In Help PDF, Search finds nothing on Stitch SOP.

I placed two NURBS planes adjacent to each other, then fed them into Stitich SOP. Well pretty much nothing happend. Some handles appear, and as I move them, absolutely nothing is happening. Very confusing.

Dave Rindner
23 posts
It's pretty easy for me. Make sure you read the blue text at the top when your mouse is in the viewport. I made two grids make each one of the NURBs as I put them down in the viewport, moving the second one over so they don't overlap and has some space in between. Then I made a Stitch from the tab menu and it says at the top something like “Select faces or hulls to stitch”. So I click on the inside edge. It highlights in blue. Then I click on the other inside edge. I get some dotted lines between the two edges now. I right-click to finish and fills up the space in between.
436 posts
I see, I did not Merge the two NURBS in Merge SOP. I was adding Stitch SOP in Network viewer then piping the two surfaces as inputs. With Merge SOP it works, but it still leaves some residual creasing. Sence Merge SOP goes into 1st input, what goes into 2nd?

I see that Stitch is really a misnamed surface blend operator. In Maya and Rhino, NURBS Stitch requires copositional NURB edges.
Also, I only the blue hint lines if I use SOPs from icon menu in Viewer. I don't get them if I add SOPs from Network viewer.

BTW there is no reference to this SOP in Help and tutorial PDF that comes on Houdini CD.

Thank you for your help.
Dave Rindner
  • Quick Links