HQ Render Indie limitations?

6219   8   2
65 posts
Hi, I'm trying to use the HQ Render node but it doesn't even start. It gives me a Warning: Indie does not support generating disk files. an an Error: No command specified for rendering.
It is supposed to render a Mantra node which works fine when rendered manually. Also I'm not using the generate IDF option.
What am I doing wrong :?:

Thanks in advance
1 posts
I am having same trouble.
Although I set “disk files” for exporting IFD in mantra, I cannot get the .ifd files and eventually Mantra works as rendering out images.
12 posts
Hi - same problem here - on Indie same error but from apprentice (same machine, same scene) it's working ….

what's going on ?

EDIT: and the same thing on local farm - Apprentice - working, Indie - not.
11 posts
Yep, same behavior here on Indie. Seems to be a bug introduced in the latest build. I've submitted a bug report, and it probably couldn't hurt for all you to do the same - a bunch of people reporting the same bug could light a fire under Side Effects to get it patched quickly.
11 posts
I received a reply from Side Effects Support, stating that there are issues with some machine types on the Amazon EC2 system right now. However, given that this occurs before any information (as far as I know) is sent to the cloud and that some of you are having issues with local render farms as well, I believe this is a Houdini issue and not an Amazon issue.

I'll keep you guys posted.
12 posts
I reported a bug too and reply: “we are working on it”
and “will notify when it is fixed”
33 posts
Anyone heard any more on this, or found a workaround? I'm getting the same problem. There isn't actually a limit on ifd generation when using Indie is there?
Dan Wood
Vortex VFX Ltd
1 posts
Hey Guys,

I was having the same issue with getting the HQ render error about not being able to generate disk files, even after turning IDF files off.

In the newest daily build it doesn't seem to give that error.
33 posts
Yup, I sent support an RFE about it, and they patched it shortly after.

I'd still rather they made an “ifdlc” format rather than removing the option entirely, as it seems potentially inflexible this way, but for now it seems to work just fine.
Dan Wood
Vortex VFX Ltd
  • Quick Links