Noise Frequency on Growing Curve

   5263   3   0
User Avatar
Member
133 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
Hi Guys:

I have a curve that grows and I'd like to scale the frequency so that it remains relative to the length/perimeter of the curve.

In a vop sop, the “z” component of my incoming P is in “uv” space, so that the noise can travel along the curve. This works. However, I'm naively using the perimeter to scale the frequency, hoping that it will be relative to the size of the curve.

It looks like it works until the end, where it looks like the noise shrivels up. Is there a better way to scale frequency relative to the length of a spline? I've included a .hip. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments:
tst_curveUVNoise.hipnc (367.0 KB)

Francisco Rodriguez
Effects Animator | Walt Disney Animation Studios
User Avatar
Member
133 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
Eureka! Thanks Victor Grant and Jason Iversen!

Perimeter isn't the way to go. I needed to map u to the numpt on the spline.

File posted, for anyone interested. This will let you animate noise along u.

Cheers.
Frankie

Attachments:
tst_curveUVNoise_v02.hipnc (359.2 KB)

Francisco Rodriguez
Effects Animator | Walt Disney Animation Studios
User Avatar
Member
392 posts
Joined: Nov. 2008
Offline
I did it with curve length and chops.
See the file :wink:

Attachments:
tst_curveuvnoise_122_freq_by_length.hipnc (384.3 KB)

User Avatar
Member
133 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
Hey pezetko:

I had the same thought as you! The only problem with this method is that it “pops” when the line reaches it's max length. I still don't quite understand why it would do that.
Francisco Rodriguez
Effects Animator | Walt Disney Animation Studios
  • Quick Links