Viscous FLIP tendrils

5489   4   1
32 posts
Hi Guys,

Still playing with variable viscosity FLIP but I'm having some trouble with snapping when the fluids become more viscous creating stray dropping particles. Any idea how to keep the viscous particles together creating cool strands like you see in this video. None of the hardening strands break in this example.

https://vimeo.com/53343863 [vimeo.com]

Thanks
Kind Regards,

Ben
304 posts
Does cranking up the Velocity Smoothing parameter (on the FLIP solver node) make your sim behave somewhat better for what you want?
Javier Meroño
FX TD.
Staff
809 posts
Also try increasing the Particle Radius Scale to the 1.5-1.7 range and set Under-Resolved Particles to None. That basically turns off all the ballistic-type behavior of particles on the edges of the fluid.

Oh, and turn off Reseeding for high viscosity.
32 posts
Cheers guys will try all these suggestions and post If I can solve it. Love that Naiad result
Kind Regards,

Ben
32 posts
Alright so I've tried all of the above suggestions with no luck unfortunately. Still can't manage to get a blend of nice tendrils with varied low & high viscosity like in the example I posted. Currently I'm using a per particle multiplier to ramp up the viscosity once a certain geo object transfers attributes to set it off using a sop solver.

I think the way his heat map decays has a lot to with it, there looks to be more to it than a simple ramp in viscosity, not 100% sure though.
Kind Regards,

Ben
  • Quick Links