Problems naming using copy SOP

2042   4   0
53 posts
Hey guys I seem to have run into a bit of a wall with trying to use the copy sop and attribute create along with the assemble node.

I'm trying to create a name attribute then stamp the point number on, but I keep finding that it doesn't work. In the geometry spreadsheet it shows my expression in the name column instead of my nicely stamped names and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Because of this I think the assemble SOP sees them as one object as if I let it do the name attribute it packs them as individual objects.

I've attached a file to this thread, I'm sure it's just me being blind
Edited by - April 7, 2015 21:00:53

Attachments:
copysop_help.hipnc (65.8 KB)

www.carlocarfora.co.uk [www.carlocarfora.co.uk]
2624 posts
Check on > attribute tab > use template point attributes

rob
Gone fishing
53 posts
Hi Rob thanks for the reply I've got that ticked but still nothing. I've attached a screenshot just in case it wasn't very clear

Attachments:
name02.JPG (27.6 KB)
name01.JPG (71.2 KB)

53 posts
So after trawling through some example files I realised where I went wrong. I was nesting my stamp in ‘ ’ instead of ` `. I've never used ` ` in anything else before so it was something I probably would have never picked up on without combing examples!
2624 posts
I was going to say , deploy those back ticks for the string to evaluate. Nice to see you solved it in the end !

Rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links